1. hit the right note /strike the right note
说得恰当
I don’t know how he managed to do it, but he just struck the right note and the meeting ended really positively, even the boss looked pleased!
我不知道他是怎?做到的,但他只是说话恰当得体,会议结束得非常积极,即使是老板看起来也很高兴!
2. blow your own trumpt/blow your ownhorn / tootyour own horn
自吹自擂
Well, you’re very good at blowing your own trumpet, you just never seem to prove it!
好吧,你很擅长自吹自擂,你似乎从δ证明过任何事!
3. it takes two/ to tango
一个巴掌拍不响
I know you saw what he did, but it takes two to tango, they are both equally to blame.
我知道你看到了他所做的,但是一个巴掌拍不响,他们都要承担同样的责任。
4. fit as a fiddle
非常健康
It’s unbelievable. He must be at least 80 but he’s as fit as a fiddle!
真是难以置信。他一定至少80岁了,但他非常健康!
5. with bells on
不折不扣的,十足的
Yes, I’m going to the party too, I’ll be there with bells on!
是的,我也要去参加聚会,我会非常想去的!
6. like a broken record
喋喋不休
Would you please stop going on about her boyfriend, you sound like a broken record!
你能不能别再提她的男朋友了,你听起来总是喋喋不休!
7. and all that jazz
诸如此类
Celebrities definitely seem to be starting all the latest trends with fashion, hair and all that jazz.
名人们显然是从时尚、发型和爵士乐开始了所有的最新潮流。
8. music to my ears
好消息
When they read out the results and everyone heard that I got top marks, it was like music to my ears!!
当他们宣读结果时,?个人都听说我得了高分,这真是个好消息!
(来源:沪江英语)