对话原文
Hey. Everyone. Everybody.
大伙儿 各位
Everyone.
大伙儿
Raiseyour glasses to Charlie.
为查理举杯吧
What did I do?
我怎么了
You didn't do anything.
没什么
We just wannatoastto our new friend.
我们就是想为我们的新朋友举杯
You see things.
你善于观察
And you understand.
你善解人意
You're awallflower.
你是一朵壁花(指舞会中没有舞伴而坐着看的人)
What is it?What's wrong?
怎么了 怎么回事
I didn't think anyone noticed me.
我还以为没人注意到我
Well, we didn't think there was anyone cool left to meet.
我们还以为再没什么人值得我们结交呢
So, come on, everyone.
所以 来吧 大家举杯
To Charlie.
敬查理
To Charlie.
敬查理
Welcome to the island ofmisfittoys.
欢迎来到错位玩具岛
今日重点:
举起:raise。注意区分“rise”,表示的是“升起”
敬酒:toast。这个词也可作名词“敬酒”:propose a toast。除此之外这个词也是“面包”
壁花:wallflower,指舞会中没有舞伴而坐着的人
怎么了?What's wrong?
不适应环境的人:misfit
(来源:沪江英语)