很多人到了夏天喜欢穿人字拖,那你知道它的英文是什么吗?先来看看《极品老妈》的这个片段吧。
对话原文
Adam said he'sdatingsomeone else.
亚当说他在和别人约会
Why would you tell me that?
你为什么告诉我这个
Because I don'tkeep secretsfrom you.
因为我从不瞒着你
You didn't tell me who my dad was till I was 36.
你到我36岁才告诉我我生父是谁
That's when I learned my lesson.
我就是那时学到的教训
I don't believe this.
难以置信
Where did he meet her?
他在哪遇见她的
No. No, no. Don't tell me.
不不不 别告诉我
Where did he meet her?
他在哪遇见她的
At ayogaclass.
瑜伽课上
I said don't tell me.
我说了别告诉我
To be fair, you were a littleflippy-floppy.
公平地说 你确实有点反复无常
I truly didn't think it would bother you.
我真没想到你会介意
Of course not because you don't have normalhuman emotions.
你当然没想到 以为你没有正常感情
今日重点:
与某人约会:date sb
保守秘密:keep secret
瑜伽:yoga
说句公道话:to be fair
反复:flippy-floppy,口语说法。而flip-flops就是“人字拖”。flip表示“翻转”,flop表示“下落”
人类情感:human emotion
(来源:沪江英语)